Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Issac's Birthday Weekend Celebration!

I had a huge, all weekend long, surprise birthday celebration planned for Issac's birthday this year. We got to thinking, and Ireally think that this may be the first year that we have actually been together on his birthday, so I wanted to go big.

We started on Friday night and went to see GI Joe. It had been forever since we'd gone out to the movies. Then we went to a local restraunt that we hadn't tried before and were pleasantly surprised with how good it was.

Saturday morning, I got up early and made his favorite breakfast. Then the two of us took off to Park City, Utah where we went and saw the Flying Ace's. They are professional ski jumpers that are training for the Winter Olympics. They put on a fabulous show of their skills and tricks, and then we also got to just watch them practice. I have no idea how they do what they do. AMAZING!






After that we walked around down town and Issac was finally able to show me some jewelry stores that he's been talking about. Very unique pieces and when we have a couple thousand dollars just burning a hole in our pockest, I'm sure we'll come back. It was such a beautiful day and the whether was perfect. It was so nice to just walk around together. Then we grabbed some chinese food and headed home to play some games and watch a movie with the kids.


2 comments:

said...

Happy Birthday!!! Sounds like such a fun weekend! I'm glad you two were able to have such fun!

btw~ I have a new blog and sent you an invite, did I send it to the correct address?

Stacey said...

Sounds like an awesome weekend! Next time I'm in Utah I would like to try some of those things...