Sunday, July 5, 2009

Happy 4th of July!











We didn't do a whole lot for the 4th this year. We spent most of the day working in Damon's room, remodeling and painting. We did take the kids to the big fireworks show in Layton. They put on an amazing display of fireworks. I just love how cute the kids are with all their glow sticks and red, white and blue outfits. It is such a great day though and reminds us all how amazing it is to live here. I've always gotten a little choked up with Patriotic music, but after being a military wife, I can pretty much say that I sob now. It just brings up so much emotion and pride for our men and women in uniform and for their families. I know the great sacrafices that they make and continue to make for our freedoms. I am so proud to be an American. GOD BLESS AMERICA!

5 comments:

Rebecca said...

You're so right, Paige. Although I not a military spouse, I still get all emotional. (I haven't stopped listening to anthems and marches for 3 days either.) thank you for your family's service. We are grateful to men and women like Isaac (and Isaac himself.)

Rebecca said...

Oops. I spelled Issac incorrectly twice. So sorry. (can I blame my iphone?)

said...

Oh my goodness, I had fun catching up on your blog. You guys have done such fun things this summer! As always, your kids are growing fast and ADORABLE! How fun- Happy 4th guys!

Stacey said...

Paige - Great job on your crafts at the LOP fair! I bought a bow and an I Spy bag and LOVE them! Hope you did well...

Cindy said...

Ditto to what Stacey said. I love my new diaper bag! Happy 4th to you too!