Monday, September 6, 2010

Issac's Bday Weekend!

Issac's birthday this year fell on a Sunday, so I was able to plan things and make his birthday celebration last all weekend long.

I didn't like any of the cards that I found at the store, so I opted to make him one of the home made variety. Since it was his 32nd birthday, I wrote out my top 32 reasons why I love him and how he melts my heart!

Starting on Friday evening, I sent Issac on "secret missions". He had numbered envelopes that he got to open as each mission was completed. For his first mission, we went to Kohls and he had to pick out something new for himself. Then we went to Blockbuster where he got to pick out which movie we rented. We then went to Quilted Bear where he picked out a new tie. Then we went to a restaurant up the Ogden Canyon overlooking the river, and ended up at the Wiseguys Comedy Club in Ogden. It was a fun evening and I loved seeing the excitement on his face as he was handed another envelope and had to figure out where we were going next.

Saturday we spent in celebration with the kids. We spent most of the day at Lagoon. The whether was perfect and we had a wonderful time. We grabbed a pizza on the way home and then set up for a movie night. We opened up a blanket and I put out a candy buffet and popcorn. The kids were so excited and loved it. We watched an old childhood favorite of both mine and Issac's, Back to the Future. I don't recall there being so much language when I was a kid. OOOOPS!!!!


Then on Sunday, Issac had to teach the lesson for Sunday School and did an amazing job. After church we made one of Issac's favorite dinners, Hawaiian haystacks. Then, because we have some amazing friends, we were able to drop the kids off for the night. I had wanted to go back to the Anniversary Inn to make up for the unfortunate happenings of last year, but our room was already booked. It was almost as good though, having an empty house! :)


Thanks to the amazing creativity of Issac's cousin, Nicki, we were able to borrow this idea. She created this fun "couples" game that I recreated for our evening.

It is basically like battleship but when you miss, you pick a card that your spouse has written something for you to do on. We had so much fun and were surprised by how many things we had written down the same.


My original plan was to be in the front room with all the candle and fireplace, but our wonderful air mattress had a hole and we kept ending up in flat spots. It was more fun than either of us have had in a long time. Lots of laughing, talking, and a whole lot of LOVE!




Happy Birthday Issac! You are such an amazing husband and I am so happy that we get to share our lives and these special memories together. Yours for eternity!





2 comments:

Rebecca said...

Very sweet, Paige. It sounds like it was a perfect weekend. Happy Birthday Issac.

said...

Oh YAY! Cute! I love the 'secret mission' idea. I'm going to steal it for Jared's next B-Day :) The whole weekend looked amazing! I'm glad the game was so fun for you. It really created a lot of laughing and closeness for us too! Happy Birthday Issac!