Wednesday, October 6, 2010

My Running Man!




I am so proud of Wesley. When he came to us last month and announced that he wanted to run cross country, I didn't quite know what to make of it. He's never done anything like that before and I really didn't know if he could do it. He's the youngest on the team and almost the smallest.
At his first meet, he ran the two miles in 18 minutes and 40 seconds. I was so proud of him and impressed just for finishing and thought that the time was amazing, especially since he had only been running for about two weeks. Then a few days later at his next meet, he ran it in 17 minutes and 10 seconds. I couldn't believe that he had done it a minute and a half faster. Then again, his next meet he crosses the finish line in 16 minutes 10 seconds. Crazy! I told him that he had better slow it down a little. He can't possibly keep up that kind of progression. :)
I am sure a proud momma on the side lines yelling and cheering for him. I just know that I am totally going to be one of those mom's that embarrasses their kids because they are always crying. I can't help it though. My kids fill me with so much pride and I am constantly amazed at their talents and abilities. Good thing I can wear sunglasses to help hide all the evidence! :)
I love you so much Wesley and so proud of you! GO NDPA LIONS!

1 comment:

said...

Wow! Go Wesley, that is so awesome!