Sunday, October 31, 2010

Halloween 2010!

Miss McKenna was a fairy this year for Halloween. Well over a month ago while in the store, McKenna saw this costume and just fell in love with it. I'm such such a sucker for cute girly things, so I gave in and bought it without much thought. Issac was a little scared that I had bought anything for her so early. (from experience we know how many times the kids change their minds). She didn't once waver though, and she didn't even once, ask me to open it and wear it until Halloween night. I have been blessed with such a sweet little spirit.
I think that we may be a few years away from face paint still. Although I love how they turned out, it took us forever to do because neither of the kids would hold still while we did it. Everyone loved McKenna's though, and I think that it really made her outfit. Such a pretty fairy!

Rhett made a very scary vampire! Issac may have gotten a little carried away with his makeup, but I was pretty impressed with his first attempt. I couldn't even recognize Rhett when he was done with him. The only thing that we couldn't get to work were his fangs. He kept gagging before they could set on his teeth. Probably just as well, I seriously doubt that he could have eaten with them in.



We participated in the trunk or treat again this year. I decided to tone it down just a little and make it more kid and family friendly. :) Not so scary this year. We lucked out and managed to get rid of all our candy before it started raining. The kids were not so lucky for the actual trick or treating though. Cold and wet! We went out early and came home quickly. It just isn't much fun when you can't feel your fingers. I think it was a successful year though. Happy Halloween!!!

1 comment:

said...

Wow, you guys know how to trunk-or-treat! Awesome! The costumes were adorable!

So excited to see you next month!