Sunday, January 16, 2011

Missing Daddy!

The kids are really missing daddy! It is so hard, especially for Rhett and Mckenna to understand the time line that we are looking at because they don't understand how long weeks and months are. By the second day, I was tired of trying to explain it AGAIN! So, I decided to make a chain so that they could see how many days were left until daddy comes back home.
Each night, the kids take turns cutting off one of the links in our chains. We broke it down by the month, hoping that it would make it look like something that we can handle.


Only one week down! :( I really thought that we would be able to handle this, after all, we've done 2 years! But one big lesson learned, it doesn't matter how long you're apart. Being apart is being apart, and it all SUCKS!!!! I love my honey so much and my life just isn't right when he is not with me. We are so proud of him though and know that he is where he needs to be and wish him all the luck. Just hurry and come home to us! :) We love you baby!

2 comments:

Cindy said...

Oh Paige, I feel for you! I hope the links on the chain go by quickly.

said...

I'm so sad for you guys! I've been thinking about you this weekend, wondering how you're hanging in there. I hope time flies for you guys! You're so strong Paige! Love you all!