Thursday, October 23, 2008

Too Much????




So.... here is a sample of the cupcakes I got talked into doing for our Relief Society Enrichment Activity last night. Instead of just making one kind of cupcake and throwing a blob of frosting on it like Issac suggested I do, I had to get creative. It took me 3 days to make the 80 cupcakes for the evening. I made four different types so that they would have a choice, and then made the chocolate flowers to go on top. No, I did not make the pumpkins, but only because I could not find a mold that I liked! The worst part was trying to get the frosting to look like grass! It kept getting too warm and just running together. They were a big hit though and everyone was impressed, but I think that I may have taken it a little too far. I'm a little worried that I've gotten myself on a list to do this again. Too Much???

3 comments:

said...

Well, they look super cute! That's the problem with doing something REALLY great- you get put on 'the list'! But you did a great job girl!

Amanda said...

Cute and now they know how talented you are...a blessing and a curse :)

Rebecca said...

Dude - you're the now the cupcake lady. They look awesome. I am impressed by your fondant skills as well.